Friday, December 3, 2010

pics instead of a post

 I did write a whole post last night, but this computer wont read the file I wrote, so there´s that same old problem. This pic is taken at a lookout above town - the small town to the further right is San Juan, where I live. The other town is San Pedro where I go to have some gringo time.

 Today was ¨day of people with disabilities¨and we had a party at the library. These are Israel and Rosalilla. Isra always wants to know what I´m doing and is always giving me this look, like ¨are you sure? cause that seems kind of weird¨. He´s super fun.

 Kati. An absolute favorite at the center. She always wants to laugh and play and have a good time. We´ve been working with her to get her to walk so she has to go everywhere holding on to you with just one hand which is slow and tedious so she´s always stealing other kid´s walkers so she can run instead.

 Another pic of Rosalilla. We take a lot of walks together and we have a secret where I take her on the dirt roads and we go 4x4ing with her wheelchair and she laughs and laughs and laughs and then I tell her not to tell anyone (she can´t talk) and she laughs and laughs some more.

This is a panorama of the cemetery in Chichicastenango brightly painted. I think you can click on the picture and see it bigger. Very impressive.

Tomorrow morning we head to Mexico to renew visas and wander around a little. Going to San Cristobal and Palenque and Agua Azul. All places I haven´t seen in over 20 years so that will be really fun.

I´ll convert the post I wrote and be sure to write some new ones soon. Life is just moving along pretty normally and all is well. I´m deciding what to do with my winter break from the center so it will be fun to see how that goes.

love to you all,
mj

No comments:

Post a Comment