Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I just realized that next year has become next month. Wow. Tickets are bought and everything. I got to spend a brilliant summer unemployed. I spent it mostly in town, as when you are trying not to spend money, it becomes harder to go do stuff. But I stocked the fridge with beer and got people to come to me. I made it out of my apartment and am on to other things now. In Hawaii right now, then back home to do some couch surfing before I go. Plan a going away party that will be in a few weeks only. Haven't planned anything on that at all. huh. it'll work out great. Good thing that one of the things I really know how to do is throw a party. I'll just have it at a park with musicians and food and beer. You don't really need anything else.
In rereading some past blogs, there are a few things to catch up on. I did manage to get completely out of debt and have over $4000 saved up, soon to be at least 5K, probably between there and 6. That's pretty good I think, all things considered. And without cashing out 401Ks to do it. 
My friends Geoff and Mark are going to come with me for the first two weeks of Ecuador. We'll travel around, have a great vacation, then I will put them on a plane in Quito and see what happens next from there. Right now I am thinking that I would like to spend a month or two with some host families to really get back in to the language. And see what type of volunteering and working I can do. The possibilities are just endless. I can't wait to see what happens next. 
And, I am really looking forward to the time in between. The couch surfing with friends and family will be so fun. I love falling asleep and waking up at other people's houses. Seeing their routines. Better chance for real time.
Next month! 43 days. six weeks.

yabba dabba doo!

I'm proud that it's happening and that I didn't have to go erase this blog because it was all a big joke I was playing on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment