Wednesday, February 13, 2008

somebody has to start walking

You know when you are camping with a group of friends and you decide that you're going to go down to the river together and you all stand around for a while waiting to go. Waiting while someone just grabs a jacket which reminds someone that they need their smokes, but now someone needs a beer because we've been standing here so long, but hang on cause I might want my guitar, etc. until someone just starts walking. And then people look at each other and say "are we going?" and eventually people start to follow the one walking? I feel like the walker. I am ready to go and willing to go first. And eventually those who will follow me will catch up and we'll have our adventure. It's very fun. Even if no one else comes along, just for a minute they thought they would and sometimes that's enough.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the 'walker' term rather than the 'leader'. It's much more about doing it - taking the action, walking - because of you not the others. What exactly did I do, my wise friend, before you walked on to my scene?

    ReplyDelete