Friday, February 20, 2009

Machu Picchu 5



The way down was so much easier, but still pretty hard, the steps are steep and there are no guard rails. I went first so that Raquel could see where I was putting my feet and follow me. It felt really good to be able to be helpful as well. When we got back down and were walking toward the main part of the ruin, Fernando called my name. Yay! We all found each other again. He is in the middle of this photo in the gray t-shirt. We all sat for an hour or so visiting before deciding to go explore some more of the ruins. Well, as it turned out, Raquel and I didn´t have the leg strength to go do a bunch more walking so we just ended up heading out and back to Aguas Calientes. I will definitely go again and hire a guide and walk all the ruins next time. As it is, I am really happy with the walk up Wanapicchu.



Overlooking the Andes from Machu Picchu. The fog is covering many many many mountains in the distance. It is easy to see why they would bother to build their city here.











Another photo of Wanapicchur overlooking some of the ruins.

















I took a silly amount of photos of the mountains. In the next few days I will put up a folder of all the pics I took and you will laugh. But I am just so amazed every single time I see them. I can´t believe this is where I live for the moment.








And here is a photo from the train overlooking the river and the mountains. Here is where I will leave the story of our trip to Machu Picchu. It was perfect and great and I´m very glad I did it without a tour and with Raquel and Fernando.







No comments:

Post a Comment